Tuesday, September 2, 2008

So it's been a while for everyone

Brynley
Okay family,
It appears that the summer is coming to a close as it is no longer scorching hot outside. So no more excuses that the "summer is just too busy to post" excuse. I miss hearing what everyone is up to, and I will assume that you would all love to hear about me, so ready or not, here ya go.

August was wonderful! I can't thank all of you enough for coming to Bear Lake for my birthday, that'll go down in the memory books.





Kyle's party was fun on his birthday, and it's wierd that he won't be back for this Sunday dinner...I miss you Kyle, and would love an update on your trip and your job...how are you?
I went camping a couple weekends ago in Maple Canyon, then we climbed all day Saturday, it was a good group, and the whole "mixing groups" thing worked out great, everyone got along.


I went to the Jack Johnson concert when he came into town a couple weeks ago, and really loved it, but I'll be honest, I'd prefer to spend my money on other fun things. But it was a memorable night with Mikey Mose.

Our hiking group continues to go well. I was counting the hikes tonight and we're up to 15 this summer, I guess you can say it's been a successful summer if hiking = success.



Oh, and if you happen to still be reading this, I have some great news!!! We just got word at work that we were accepted to receive the grant from REI that we were working on almost 6 months ago. They are bringing us a check for $5,000 tomorrow. That means that we'll get to start 3 new programs, and it'll all be paid for. I'm so happy!!!!

Well lastly, I did have a great Labor Day weekend, I sure didn't labor much though. I did get to spend a lot of time with Rachel and her family, and after having more than a dozen people commit to hiking the narrows this weekend and then fall through, I was still able to make it on the hike, with one other person. We had all kinds of fun all weekend long. We went climbing, sunset watching, eating, Ute watching, sleeping, driving, rock throwing, site seeing and most importantly narrow hiking.


Well there's an update on my life, I'm sure it's more than any of you wanted, but that was an invitation to give a small insite on your life. Let us all know what's going on. I love you all!!!

No comments: