Sunday, May 10, 2009

To the Mothers.......rp

Happy Mother's Day to all! I unfortunately have had to sit this Mother's Day out with a cold, but have found a couple of extra minutes to draft a quick blog.

First thanks to my grandmother in AZ. How could anyone be a better example of living life to it's fullest, although somewhat restricted with various physical limitations? Rarely have I ever heard of word of complaint, but just sheer optimism about what the future holds. I certainly love you Grandma!

Like most sons, a large part of who I am today is directly correlated with how I was raised and taught by my mother. Mom, of all the good traits I can tie back to you, I'm very grateful that you prepared me for life in giving me the necessary tools and experiences to be an independent thinker and decision maker. My office assistant Brenda, who is a mother of 10, is always amazed at how quickly and decisively I can make decisions, as she spends a lot of her days at work on her cell phone helping her 10 adult children make simple every day decisions. Besides inheriting your crooked toes, I don't know how I could have a better mother. I love you.

And to my dear sweet Katherine, the mother of our children, I thank you for your sacrifices to make the lives of our children better. The first years of a child's life, in which all children experience such important molding processes, are so critical in preparation for what life will bring them. Having the love and stability that you provide will be such an asset for them as they continue to grow and mature. Thank you for your support of me and for giving up on so many other things, so that your time and energy can be laser-like focused as to what's most precious for both of us.

And to the other mothers or future mothers of our family, I thank you for what you've done in the past, are doing know, and will continue to do in preparation to raise a righteous and eternal posterity. As I recently attended a temple sealing and was able to gaze into the mirrors of eternity, seeing countless and endless posterity, I said a silent prayer of gratitude for the many good mothers that have sacrificed so much for us. I also said a silent prayer for the many good mothers in our family right now and for the future generations to whom we'll pass the baton to.

Happy Mother's Day!
rp

No comments: