Sunday, May 4, 2008

Cinco de Mayo Eve

I have come to the conclusion that the reason I don't write on this more often is that I don't really like to write letters. I have this fear that what I write about, only I care about. So, what the heck, I'll read my own blog over and over again. Here's my top eight things about what has been happening in my life since my last blog.
1) I have been loving working at the temple. Yesterday I did my first speaking part in a session. For the past couple of months I have spent lots of time in the baptistry and at the vail and in the memorizing room and a little time in the intitiatory booths, but yesterday I got to go through a whole session as a presenter. I am really striving to learn as much as I can as fast as I can and to grow in my love for the temple and in my understanding of its importance. It is a lot like reading the scriptures, the more time and effort we put into it the more we love it.
2) Thursday I went to the Ogden Temple with my Mom and Dad. It was the first time in 3 years that my Father has been feeling well enough to go to a session! I was so grateful to be there and to be with my two favorite teachers.
3) We have made great progress at our new home. It was oh so helpful to have my four sons emptying the storage shed for my birthday. The basement is now finished, the basketball court is poured and the basket is up, we are working on the Theatre Room, the TV is hung above the fireplace and we may someday get our yard in.
4) Friday night we had all three grandkids in the house and their parents and Troy with a date. It was so much fun! Plus, the Jazz won and will move on to the 2nd round of the playoffs. If they get through the Laker series we will celebrate big-time. Like the drinks will be on the house!
5) We had Stake Conference this weekend. Last night was the evening adult session. Our Stake Presidency talked about three goals for stake members this year. The first was to have all members read the Book of Mormon during the year. I have been reading a chapter a day since Jan. 1 and will finish on the 239th day of the year which will be August 26th. (If somebody hasn't started yet and they start reading tomorrow, and they read one chapter a day for the rest of the year, they will finish on New Year's Eve) The second goal was to increase temple attendance. I was able to feel pretty good about that one to. The third was something I have never done in my life; it is to read the Priesthood-Relief Society manual about Joseph Smith. I will read chapter one today as soon as I finish this post.
6)Today's session was broadcast to all the stakes in Davis and Morgan Counties. We got to listen to Gerald Lund, Elder Bednar and President Eyring. Elder Lund talked about testimonies and how to build and strengthen them. Elder Bednar talked about doing what we know and President Eyring talked about following a Living Prophet. I didn't see one person I knew, but I loved the Conference
7) I have been struggling a little bit with pride lately. I am so proud of our children. Having Brynley so far away and so sick and realizing how much I love her; watching our kids be parents and visiting significant events at BYU and WSU and listening to people talk about how wonderful our children are have all made me more grateful that ever to my Heavenly Father for sending such wonderful children into our home. I am so grateful for my Eternal Companion for the kind of wife and mother that she is.
8) I am excited for today. In two hours and fifteen minutes I get to pick up our baby girl at the airport and at 5 PM I hope to fix some pancakes for a part of the family and (most exciting) at a time yet to be announced the love of my life should return from St. George.
Life is indeed good. I love you all and know that my Savior lives.

No comments: