Monday, July 14, 2008

Farewell to the Philippines (Kyle)


Mag-Aso falls in Bohol. It's no Havasupai, but it was still a pretty cool place.



This is the Tarsier. It's the world's smallest primate. They're only found in Bohol. Aren't they the cutest thing ever.



Yes, you're right Troy, they're trout. Very large trout. This was off the coast of Bohol. I went to this tiny island off the coast of Bohol and did some snorkeling. It was amazing! It was just like Finding Nemo.



Oh man, these kids were great!



Here we are. The students at the Academy for Creating Enterprise. We just finished my last FHE in the Philippines. They're so much fun.



Well how about this? I’m writing my final blog post from the Philippines. It’s tough to believe it’s already come to an end. It’s been an absolutely amazing experience and I’ve loved every minute of it………well, almost every minute, there’s been a few bus rides that I might not put on my list of things I love about the Philippines. Anyway, the time has come for me to leave these beautiful islands behind and to spend some time in the great state of Utah before moving to another island that’s slightly more populated than the island where I currently reside.

Tomorrow I leave Cebu at 8 pm. I fly to Manila and then to San Francisco. I get to San Francisco at 8 pm on the same night. I get to live Wednesday night twice. It will be great. The bummer is that I can’t fly to SLC until Thursday morning, so I get to spend the night in the SF airport. I’m really excited to see you all!

Well, my last few weeks here have been wonderful. I took a vacation last week to an island called Bohol. I’ve been working pretty much every day, including Saturdays and then doing a fireside on most Sundays so I realized that after almost 6 weeks in this tropical paradise, I hadn’t even been to the beach. Everyone from the Academy was excited for me to take a few days off and they recommended I go to Bohol. I’m glad I did. It was amazing. I’ve posted a few pics. Don't worry, if those aren't enough pictures, I'll be sure to take you through the slideshow picture by picture when I get home. I've only got 1,158 pictures right now.

The day I got home from Bohol, I took off again for a tour of another island, but not for vacation, it was back to work. We did three seminars in three days, rode buses like crazy, and finished it off with an overnight boat ride that got us back to Cebu in time for church on Sunday. The boat ride was great! They booked a suite for me and I had my own bed and a little deck that I went out on to watch the sun rise.

Last night we had an FHE with all of the students. We played the present exchange game with a bunch of my stuff that I had wrapped up for them. It was a blast and they were all really grateful. I’m sure going to miss these guys. It’s been so much fun being here and I’ve made such great friends with these wonderful people.

Well, I’ve gotta go. They’re planning a surprise party for me that starts in a few minutes. I wish Edo wouldn’t have spilled the beans this morning. His English isn’t the best and I’m pretty sure he didn’t know it was a surprise. They had me fooled because they told me we have a meeting today at 3pm. I just put it on my calendar and didn’t think twice about it. Well, then this morning Edo said, “So Kyle, we have birthday party 3 o’clock today?” Bummer. I love surprises too.

I love you all and can’t wait to see you. I’m HOMEWARD BOUND!!

No comments: