Sunday, July 27, 2008

King's 24th

I can't believe how fast summer is flying by. It has been a good, hot, busy summer for everyone it seems. I do believe that the highlight could have been this weekend. Thanks to Jodi and Matt and Carson for a memorable week! It was so neat to have the whole family in the temple with Grandpa in the front. Well done Matt with the blessing and Jodi in having everything so organized for a fantastic breakfast. It turns out that I really love my family! I can't wait for Bear Lake, another couple days with you guys makes me excited!!!
Well, I had a memorable 24th, and made a quick trip to King's peak. I had a really busy day at work on the 23rd and made it home at 9:00 that night exhausted, but we headed up to King's Peak anyway, I slept wonderfully for 4 hours, then we were up and started hiking. It was just me and Kim, we left the car at 6:15 in the morning and returned at 9:30 at night, it was a long day hiking, but it was wonderful! The entire time we were in awe at the beauties all around. We saw a bunch of cool animals and a whole lot of scout groups too. No fireworks though, but it was a great day off of work!
Work is going well too. It's going to be a busy next couple of weeks, but I will have an 8-5 work schedule for the first time in my 10 months on the job, so I'll take it! We've taken a group of kids hiking for the past several weeks, and it has been so fun to watch them appreciate the mountains too. I'll tell you what, kids will say the darnedest things, it's so fun to be with them for their first experiences in nature. We just finished our Summer basketball league that turned out to be awesome thanks to our volunteers. I also taught a volleyball camp and mmmm, loved that too. We had a frisbee class, rock climbing class and canoeing class that ended last week as well. I guess you can say that I really enjoy my job. We have a basketball camp starting in the morning and a sports camp the following week, so I guess I better get some sleep. Aren't they cute?!

No comments: