Monday, August 13, 2007

HEAVEN at Bear Lake

Dearest Family,

The dearest family a mother could have. Only 50% of my kids were there; all my grandchildren but Chris & Zack and Stuart and Allison; and 50% of my great grand children. So excited to see Milt and Marge Priest come all the way from Layton to spend just a few hours up there. I can't name names because each of you were special to be with. Did miss Kyle and haven't heard from him for quite a while. I will be anxious to hear of his trip to Europe. Some of the memorable things that happened to me at BL were: the way each of you were willing to hold my hand and help me in and out and up & down; the way Gary tirelessly drove that Green Machine back and forth with passengers and even had Abbey and Spencer on more than one time; Gary's patience is most noteworthy; the access we had to all of Scott's machinery; the loss of Jill's Cell Phone. I've never seen Jill in such withdrawal before. That and not being able to use her computer nearly made her crazy. To overcome it, she took to cleaning. She and Ronda went through tthe house with a fine tooth brush. (We didn't find Gary's Sunglasses, but did find an extra beach towell. Green, blue and white. I think Ronda had it because we thought it belonged to Shaylee.) Then, she went out in the garage and took all the machinery and washed down the garage and the machinery while it was outside. She offered Jackson and Jax (his cousin) a milk shake if they would wax those babies. It was so cute to watch them waxing those machines. They looked like a teen ager waxing their first car. While Ronda was there, we used her phone, but after she was gone we had no contact with the outside world. Scary, but Jill handled it very well. Once we got into Utah and through Logan and Sardine canyon, my phone worked fairly well and we were able to call Gary and tell him to meet us at the apartment. When we met up with Gary, Jill became much calmer cause he had a working phone. I'm calling my cell phone provider this morning and asking them about the areas I can call from and possibly get it nationwide. Fun! I can't thank you all enough for belonging to my family. My great thanks to Jill and Gary for taking me up and bringing me back. Gary did get a chance to go to Last Chance and get a neat looking sport coat and Jill did go to dinner with some of her friends from CHC. They both shopped for Dad and got him some new shirts. Then they left Sat. night and drove all night to get home and get to their new ward and get some things unpacked in their new apartment. I was even able to go in and lay on the bed while we waited for Gary. What an eventful week! Now I've got to get back to the Dr. routuine. I've got an inner ear infection and am so dizzy. I don't know whether the pulmonologist can take care of it. The internist hasn't been able to. Then when I am not so dizzy, I've got to have some teeth pulled and have some implants in. Love you all, ibmom and GMA

No comments: