Monday, October 20, 2008

Monthly Message

I checked the blog and if I get this message off today it will have been less than a month since my last post. I appreciated the updates. Let me tell you the most exciting ten things from the past month.
1. I loved the surprise of having Kyle show up for General Conference weekend. Sitting in General Priesthood meeting with My Three Sons is one of my favorite things.
2. I love the many talks and am trying to listen to all of the talks again on-line. My goal is one-a-day. The talks seem even more beneficial when I listen to them one at a time.
3. On Sunday Mom and I got to go to the 5th floor assembly room in the Salt Lake Temple for the annual devotional for temple workers. President Monsen and his wife were both there. That room is really beautiful, the feeling of the place was great and I was grateful to have Mom share a little of the feeling of my temple experience.
4. Speaking of my temple experience, this coming month I will have a significant part in the 8 PM sessions on Wednesday evenings. I think it would be a whole bunch of fun to have some people who I love watch me struggle through my parts. I really look forward to my Wednesday evenings.
5. I am in the thick of trying to help plan our High School Reunion. Our 40 year reunion should have been this year, but nobody planned it so we are going to have it next August.
6. Mom and I have really enjoyed having family over to our new home. We love the place and especially love it when people who we love come over.
7. We are thriving in our new ward. Mom serves as Relief Society Chorister and I teach Sunday School every 3rd week. We had the "Empty Nesters" over for family home evening this past Monday and got to know 20+ people in our ward.
8. I have really enjoyed UofU Football games this year. The CSU game last Saturday was really fun. I have also enjoyed having Ryan attend several games with me and seeing Jodi and family not far away.
9. Mom was gone for 8 days to Kansas City and Mesa. I realized again how much I love her and miss her when she's gone. I look forward to every opportunity to be with her.
10. I am sure that we have the 3 cutest grandkids in the world. I love our family. I have enjoyed having Emily, Dean and Marissa in the house lately. Please keep in touch and know that I am available to do anything I can for our family.
DAD

No comments: