Saturday, October 18, 2008

Somebody's got to do it


Jill says:
I was inspired by Matt and G'pa who wer inspired by Brynley to post. Soo...here goes. School is very enjoyable this semester...not too much pressure and we talk about relevant things that to me are interesting...call me crazy.

Yesterday was a good news day. I got a scholarship for $16 grand to take a course called "Improvement Advisor" that is offered through the IHI, Insititue of Healthcare Improvement based in Boston. It is a 9 month course and begins in February. That means I will be working on an improvment project of my choosing at my organization (Huntsman), but will use their guidance and methodologies to move through the course. Wahoo!! I also had my poster project accepted at the same organization and will present that in Nashville in Dec.
I was in Kansas City and presented a Medication Reconciliation project to a nice crowd this past month and that was fun. Many people are very interested in this subject because it is madated by the organization that grades your hospital and keeps their doors open if you are compliant...so some day you will notice that you will be provided with a list of your "home" medications when you go to an office appointment or get admitted to the hospital.

Thank goodness for Neil Diamond..he was the excuse to see G&G again and oh boy, did we have a great time. What a blast Carson, Jodi and I had at the fair in sunny Az. We did it all, snow cones, animals, rides, tattoos, people watching etc.
















Troy, Marissa, Dean and Brynley came for dinner last Sunday and we topped it off with a great game of sparkle. I won't mention the winner, but let's just say the Polls came in 1st -4th place. It's all in the wrist!










Dad was able to talk to eveyone in the fam this week and I get to hear the reports vicariously, so I sorta know what ya'll are sort of doing.
Happy Anniversay to G&G yesterday...the 17th! Wahoo...a few years of bliss to celebrate!
Love you all more than the full moon this week!! mom/sis/daughter etc

No comments: