Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Happy Day

I just thought that I would let me family know how much I love and appreciate them. Yesterday I got to visit my Mother and Father. Dad seems to be doing better. He still has no energy, but I think that they are going to dinner with his sister and brothers and their spouses today. Mom, (Jill) has been helping Dad a little with a way to record his work history. I am going to try and use the same format to help him record his Church callings. I went to a wonderful Family Home Evening yesterday and learned about the resurrection as taught by my favorite grandaughter and her father. We sang and played and it felt good. Then I went and put Carson to sleep. He is a good sleeper. He just lays there so peacefully. I am so thankful for the blessing that he is to our family. Then I went home to the most wonderful person in my world. We started watching "Lost" - the second season. The show is fine, but I love the company I keep when I watch it. It looks like we should close on our new home in a month or so, then we will have another month or so to get the basement finished, the closet, shutters and a few other odds and ends. We really love our ward and the closeness of our commute, so we contemplate moving into that beautiful home with mixed feelings. I talked to Mom a little while ago and we have hopes of getting the family together this Sunday afternoon to celebrate Jodi, Matt and Abby's birthdays and maybe even get our picture taken. Please respond ASAP so that we can make plans. I hope that you are all having a good experience in your reading of the Book of Mormon. I just finished reading I Nephi 15. My favorite verse from that chapter is verse 11. I used it in a fireside talk I gave at our Stake last Sunday. Pray for me tomorrow. I will be the guest of a group of Catholic friends and will speak to them and answer questions about our Church. It should be a great opportunity to share my testimony. Keep being good.
DAD

No comments: