Saturday, January 26, 2008

January Blog

I had one of my old young men in my office last week as he was just a day away from leaving for Argentina on his mission. He asked me how many times I'd write and I responded, "Once per year...I won't committ to any more than that when I know that's pushing it."

So maybe I ought to do the same thing with the blog, "Once per month", because any more than that, I've just proven not to be much more consistent than that.

As many of you know, the last several weeks have been pretty tough for the Ryan/Katherine Poll family as far as our health is concerned. Both Abby and Spencer have sustained coughs that have lasted for several weeks. We've taken them to the doctor and treated them with drugs. It's been several weeks since they've both been to church. Spencer was also diagnosed with a major ear infection this week. He had tubes placed in his ears a while ago, but apparently, they're no longer in position to work. Kath has been ill with cold soars running down her throat and a pretty nice cold. I've even had a minor cold the last day or two. So thankfully, it hasn't been anything life threatening, but we're hopeful that we all can get back on our feet soon.

Our house took most of the last week or two off. However, on Friday the windows and doors were installed. That should seal up the house and should allow work to continue. I think it's about time for insulation and then sheet rock. Kath is supposed to be meeting with Bob the Builder today as they continue to make things move forward. Speaking of houses, we saw Dad and Mom's house in Centerville last week....what a cool place that will be!!

Last Saturday, Dad took Matt, Kyle and me to the Utah/BYU game. The seats were awesome and the game was close. After the game, Kyle and I got in a small wrestling match on the way home in the van. Unbeknowest to me, Matt filmed the part that Kyle dominated and stopped when I started to dominate. So as this film filtars across the Internet, please know that I'm not fairly represented. At least, that's my story.

I guess it's family pictures tomorrow. Sounds way exciting to me.

I'm out for January,
rp

No comments: