Wednesday, January 2, 2008

First Blog of the New year

Good 2008 to each of you. I love you each and all. Today is the first work day of the new year and I am a little late getting away. It is a good thing that we won't have students until next Monday. Yesterday I got to put Carson to sleep for the first time, give my father a blessing and play with my favorite two and three year olds in the world. That is what I would call a great start to a year that promises to be the best ever. I also read 1 Nephi chapter 1. You see, this is a Book of Mormon year in our Church and I want to challenge each member of our family to read a chapter a day for 239 days. I would also like to invite all family members who have finished 1st Nephi by Fast Saturday in February (that will be Feb. 2) out do dinner at Chuck-A-Rama at 3:30 PM. We will go to the one in Bountiful. I would also like to challenge everyone to choose a favorite or most meaningful verse in each of the 22 chapters and take them with you to Chuck-a-Rama. I hope that all of you, especially my Grandchildren can be there. (Small kids are free). My favorite verse in 1 Nephi 1 will always be verse 5 (huh Brynley) where Lehi prays with all of his heart in behalf of his people. You are my people and I am determined to pray for each of you each day with all of my heart. See the clan this next Sunday at 4:30 at Carson's house.
Love
DAD

No comments: