Monday, June 2, 2008

Cebuano - Kyle

Hey Fam,
Just thought I’d send you a quick note to let you know I’m alive. I’ haven’t figured out the Skype thing yet, but I’m here and getting started on my work. It was a very long trip and I was pretty tired yesterday when I got here, but I made it through the day. It’s very hot here and the humidity is a killer. I went running this morning at about 6 am and I came back feeling like I’d just climbed out of the swimming pool (which, by the way, we have one at my place). They put me up in this amazing house. It’s got 3 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms. It has a guard at the gate and a little swimming pool. I feel kind of spoiled. It even has sweet air conditioning which is kind of essential. I got picked up from the airport and went straight to church which was kinda crazy. People speak English and Cebuano here. But they don’t make up their mind before they start talking, they just speak both at the same time. So I’ll be following right along with every word and then all of a sudden…….wham! Cebuano, I’m lost again. Anyway, we had the orientation for the new batch of students last night and they seemed like a pretty cool group. Just so you know, we’re 14 hours ahead of you out here. So right now it’s 8:30 am on Monday here and I believe it’s 6:30pm on Sunday for you. Well, I’ve gotta jet. I’ll give you a call when I get this whole thing figured out.

Love you all!

-KP

No comments: