Sunday, June 29, 2008

He can't if you don't believe

I was talking to my friend who has worked at Lagoon the other day. He has been at Lagoon for about 50 years. He's the one who gets me passes so we can take Abby and Spencer to Lagoon. I like to talk to him. He asks me Gospel questions and tells me about his bad back. This time he told me he is going in for cancer surgery next month. He then shared a statement by Elder Holland that really impressed me. It seemed perfect for me and I would like to share it with my family, "Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ-that is the first principle of the gospel. We must go forward. God expects you to have enough faith, determination, and trust in Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. He expectgs you not simply to face the future; He expects you to embrace and shape the future-to love it, rejoice in it, and delight in your opportunities. God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But He can't if you don't pray, and He can't if you don't dream. In short, He can't if you don't believe." Sometimes I have a tendency to think it is my lot to accept the future. To think that I can't control my own future. I guess I need to change my tendency.
I am excited for tomorrow and going to the Farmington Court House and participate in the Big Move with Ryan and Kath and kids. I am grateful for a fun day yesterday riding the train and swimming with Abby and Spencer. Our home is looking better all that time, thanks to my favorite mortal. Thanks to each and all of you. I love you.
DAD

No comments: