Thursday, April 24, 2008

ibmom & gma 4-24-08

Hi everybody,

I wanted to write you about a million things, but I will just limit it to 3, 4, or 5. First, we had our Brimley Family Home Eveining at Ivard's and Elizabeth's place last Fri. They have just remodelled their home and I'll bet added 1,00o sq. ft. It was wonderful and I thank Father for the wonderful family I grew up with. We were all there but for Dale B. and Leann and Mike had their anniversary date that night. Merwin, who underwent surgery for cancer of the pancreas 10 days ago. He looked pale but he was able to visit with us all. I found out that Michael, his son was home from Afghanistan. After Ivard took him home, we found out that he has been given 3 weeks to 3 months to live. He was nauseated and couldn't stay the whole evening. I got an e-mail from Lucille, his daughter. I would say it was the diary of a dying man. He takes so many pills. He's determined to stay home. Lucille and her husband will go over in a couple of weeks to stay with him. Death is not hard, it's getting there that is hard. Talked with Brynley about her trip to Hawaii and possibly back here after. Kyle is soon to graduate. We wish him the best and hope he can get to see us before going back to N.Y. We'd like to have been there, but travelling is not for us right now. We hope to get there for Michael's wedding. The weather is beautiful and my roses are too. Love ya lots, ibmom and gma

No comments: