Monday, March 24, 2008

I really like spring

Well, it turns out that I'm a little sad that the snow is melting, because skiing season is coming to a close. I'm going to miss it, but I'll get up there Thursday and hopefully a couple more times this year. But not to worry, this nice spring weather definitely has it's benefits too. I got to go climbing on Saturday and today. I hope I can get better this season. I went to a gear swap on Saturday and bought a rope, so a couple hundred dollars more of gear and I'll be ready to up and go whenever I want. Sometimes fun can be so expensive. Work is going well, for the most part. Our indoor soccer registration has more than doubled last year, and we'll be up and running starting tomorrow, so I hope we hit the ground running. I have a very supportive boss in anything that I look to do, so that has been helpful.
It was good to have easter dinner with almost everyone, i'm anxious for mom and dad's basement to be finished-it will be a sweet place for everyone! As most of you know, I was able to visit Irene Garcia from Ecuador last week. It was so great to see her, and reminisce on past times. she even made me some Ecuadorian food and patacones-fried bananas. It was heavenly, and I was able to get some updates on the old ward. That could have been the highlight from last week.
I am also happy to say that I am enjoying my ward more and more. I am really starting to like this salt lake place. there is a lot of good people and a lot of diversity as well. I've been working hard to be a missionary, and it's tough, very different than wearing a name tag 24-7, but I'm learning a lot. Life is wonderful, I love you all!

No comments: