Thursday, March 13, 2008

March Madness..by RP

Hello family,
I've appreciated the gentle reminders of others to log onto the blog. I've had very good intentions over the past couple of days, but just have been swamped doing other things. I know that there's no good excuse for not "blogging", so I'm not even going to try giving one.

Tonight I'm home with Spencer as Kath and Abby went to Disney on Ice with their friends. I know that Abby was pretty excited about that. Spencer and I have had just a great night together as it's fun to hang out with the "Little Dude".

Our house is finally moving forward again. The finish carpenters should be starting soon and the bricklayer is doing his thing. He said that it would take him about a month to finish the brick. It's not that we're doing a ton of brick, but he's just that slow. But whatever keeps him happy and employed I suppose. It's not that those guys have a lot of work right now as the economy has really slowed, especially for people in his industry.

For those who didn't hear, I had a mishap at our construction site. As I was walking up the plank from the garage floor to the house, the plank slipped and I fell a long ways onto my back. It's been quite debilitating, but I think it's getting better.

Work has been crazy busy for me. Not only is it tax season, which makes my life my busier making sure every one is taken care of as they prepare their taxes, but also the financial markets have been choppy. I spend most of my days on the phones and meeting people almost non-stop it seems. I guess it's better than the olden days where I wanted anybody to talk to me, but I do get home very tired after long days at the office. Thanks to all of you who have been so good in supporting my business by sending others to me. It's greatly appreciated!!

Finally, it is March and I do love this time of year with all of the basketball going on. On Thursday, I get to watch several games on a movie sized screen at the Skybox in SLC and then I get to go to the Jazz-Laker game that night. It should be quite a day.

Well, it's time for Spencer to take a bath and I promised that he could take his trucks in the bath with him. He just got a buzz and he looks so good with his short hair!

Love you all,
rp

No comments: