Wednesday, March 12, 2008

March comes in like a lion

I can't believe that it's almost the middle of March, so far, so good though. Things are going great here in Salt Lake, I might say that I do miss having mom and dad so close. I don't know who I'll call when I need a ride home from work now. I went to St. George over the weekend and did everything I wanted to do. I hiked Angel's Landing, that's just a must do I think, it even snowed on us on the top, but I made it off a live. We went exploring in an old ghost town (Grafton) went rock climbing, that was the first in a very long time (like before my mission) and I was the one that had to lead the climb. We did a fake fall at first just to test the equipment, and I took Patrick right off the ground, luckily i didn't fall after that. We also went caving and I even got to have dinner and go to a fire with Rachael. Along with that, there was a lot of sitting around and enjoying the sun, and the time away from work and life. Vacations are wonderful, I would suggest them to anyone.
Work is going really well right now. I asked my boss if I could take a few hours off on Friday to go to a wedding, and her response was, of course, take whatever you need, I don't care. So I think somehow I've made it on her good side, which is a huge plus where I'm at. I did have to let an employee go last week, which was the thing that I've liked least in the past 6 months at the Sorenson Center, but I have to say it was like taking a thorn out of my shoe. Indoor Soccer season is here, and if anyone knows of anyone looking to volunteer as a coach, I'll be interested in their phone number.
Other than work, I'm trying to stay busy, and it's working really well. I'm training for the Salt Lake marathon, and after tonight's run, I'm a little frightened, I guess I need to train a little harder. I'm trying to make friends at church, you would all be proud of me, I even organized a pick-up basketball game for tomorrow night, we'll see how it goes. Volleyball once a week, and skiing once a week I don't even have time to clean my house. Life is good, I love hearing from all of you and know what's going on in your lives. That was an open invitation to write on the blog. Love you all!

No comments: