Wednesday, February 13, 2008

California Dreamin...

--Matt

Hi Fam,

It's been quite a while since I've posted...sorry about that. I can honestly say that I haven't experienced more joy in my life than I have these past two months. I always thought that it would be an above average experience to be a father, but it's surpassing all expectations!

Last week I was able to go to California with my brother, Eric, to visit some of our cousins. They live in Palmdale, which is about an hour west (and slightly north) of L.A. The weather was amazing...it was low 70's the whole time. We played a killer game of paintball all day Friday...I still have the welts / bruises / cuts to show for the fun. On Sat. I was able to go golfing at a pretty decent course in Palmdale. That was my first round of golf since July '07...it felt good to take some time off of golfing, and it felt even better to have a club back in my hand. I'm hopeful that all will go well w/ GPA Marler's recovery, so we can play a few rounds with him next Thanksgiving. Other than my quintuple bogey on the 4th hole, I actually played pretty well. It was a nice little getaway...I missed my wife and son a lot though...it was wonderful to come home and find that all was well. Thanks to Mom and Dad for watching the little guy for a couple of days!!!

Work is starting to pick up again. November and December were pretty slow, and then things started to pick up again towards the end of January. I've now been an agent for three years. I've definitely seen the Lord's hand in helping me build my business.

I'd like to express my love and gratitude to everyone in our family. The Holbrook family has definitely seen its share of adversity, but with the Lord's help and all of your love and support we're in a great place right now. Just know that I'm eternally grateful for all the praying, fasting and unconditional love.

Go Jazz!

MPH

No comments: