Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lots going on

Hello family
Let me tell you of some of the things going on in our little life.
1. We plan to move into our new home this Saturday. We did the walk through yesterday. We close on Thursday, we have our closets put in and start on the basement on Friday and I have my four sons on line to help us move our pivot apartment stuff on Saturday. A big week!
2. Tomorrow I start at in my new calling as an ordinance worker in the Salt Lake Temple. I was called by President Walker, the Temple President last Thursday. I met with him on Friday and he called and set me apart as an ordinance worker. I will be working on Wednesday evenings from 3:15 until about 9:30 or 10 PM. I am really looking forward to this opportuntity. I love the Salt Lake Temple. The most important event of my life happened there. I have a whole bunch of memorizing to do. I look forward to learning and teaching in the house of the Lord.
3. I have pretty mixed feelings about our move. The new home is really nice. I look forward to having a garage as much as anything. They won't start putting in the yard until Spring, so it is going to be a muddy mess for the next couple of months. I have really loved our ward here in Salt Lake City. I am not looking forward to the long commute from Centerville. Our soon to be finished basement and yard are hopefully going to be a great family gathering place. Today I took what I hope will be my last trip ever to a laundr0-mat.
4. I am loving my teaching at the Institute. I am teaching the Book of Mormon this Semester and enjoy reading that wonderful Book each day. I enjoy Kyle's weekly posts on his Book of Mormon thoughts and hope that each of you are having a good experience in the scriptures each day. I am also teaching a Courtship and Marriage Class this semester and am enjoying that class also.
5. Thanks to each and all of you for being my family. I enjoyed watching the World-wide training session of the Church on the inter-net. It was all about the family. It is a great reminder about what really matters in life. My family matters most to me.
Love
DAD

No comments: