Monday, February 18, 2008

Why Train?

Hello Family,
I don't know that anythding substantial has happened since the last time I posted, but because it is my duty, I will. So here goes some random thoughts. I have a new roommate (as of 2 weeks ago) and I really like her. She is quite shy around crowds and doesn't get out a whole lot. I'm trying to change that though. She is a very good person, very nice, and has her own sarcastic personality when it is just one on one. My other roommate Jessica was taken to the emergency room two nights ago. i came home to her on the floor. Don't worry, she just hurt her knee, and couldn't walk, was in a lot of pain, and is now at her home where her mother can take care of her.
I played in an all night volleyball tournament on Friday night. It was more fun than should be allowed, and we took 3rd out of 8 teams. Nothing to write home about, and no prizes for third place, but a lot of fun. I decided to go for a little run today, to see how possible the Salt Lake marathon will be, and I'll tell you that I'm not ready. But it is possible if i get going that I can be ready in a couple of months. I ran 17.2 miles and I am feeling every step right now. Mostly a giant blister from my shoes is getting to me. The tournament for the volleyball league that I've been playing in starts tonight, and I don't expect we'll place at all. We haven't played well all season, and my aching joints will not help my game tonight, but it's been fun to play consistantly again.
Jr. jazz season ends this week. (at least it's the last week of games) So this should be a good, busy, fun week at work. i still like my job quite a bit, (especially when parents and players decide to behave). We have started a snowshoeing class for some kids, and it has been so much fun! Most of these kids have never been in the mountains, and none of them have heard of snowshoes. But each time we go, they come down freezing, and reminicing about their experiences.
Well, I guess I found something to write about. Grandpa, you're in my prayers daily, and hope you continue to improve. Thanks for being my family. I love you all.

No comments: