Sunday, February 10, 2008

Once a month, once a week or once in a while

Well, here I am, back on the blog. It is Sunday night at 10:26, time for a boy like me to be in bed, but-I'm back on the blog. This past month has been a totally delightfuly one. I am so thankful for the life we are living. Here are a few of my favorite things since my last entry.
1. I loved the day we got out pictures taken. I appreciate you all adjusting your life so you could be there.
2. I have loved the transisition that takes place in our Church when a prophet dies. It is so pressure free. I love and appreciate President Hinckley. I look so forward to our new 1st Presidency. I got to attend President Hinckley's viewing. It was a 4 hour wait, but I am grateful I was able to be there.
3. I took my first speaking trip in a couple of years. I went to Seattle and did a Best of EFY. I really haven't missed the travel at all, but I still love to share my testimony.
4. We have had Carson over this weekend. Grandkids light up a life like nothing I have ever experienced. I am once again grateful for the mothering skills of my wife.
5. Our new home should be finished by the 21st of this month. We are supposed to have a walk through a week from tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. I am not anxious to leave our Pivot Apartment, but we have committed to be out by the end of this month. Our new home is going to be nice. I so hope it will be a fine gathering place for our family. Kyle, why don't you move in with us when you finish your schooling until you have to leave for NYC?
6. I have had several missionary opportunities lately. I had a student get baptized yesterday and at least two others non members in other classes. I had a young man call the Institute this past week who wanted to know if the Gospel was for everybody. I sent the missionaries to him and found out I had been friends with his uncle in college. His uncle was not a member of the Church at that time, but has since joined. I love whatever involvement I can get with sharing the gospel with others.
I look forward to every opportunity I have to hear from or be with my family. You truly are the most important part of my life. I am loving reading the Book of Mormon and am grateful for the faithfulness of all of you. Please let me know if I can do anything to help you in any way. I have the time and the desire.
Love DAD
PS - How do you do a spale chek on this bloog?

No comments: