Sunday, January 18, 2009

I've already spent the $100

Mom and I went to Stake Conference today and they sustained a new Stake Presidency. It was a little wierd because we didn't personally know any of the old or the new, but the conference was great. We had Elder Dallin H. Oaks speak to us. He is one of my personal favorites of all time, maybe because of the interview we had with him 8 or 9 years ago. I have never seen him as informal and funny as he was this weekend. One message that was given by our new Stake President, John Holingshead, and was repeated by Elder Oaks is the importance of prayer in our homes. Pres. Holingshead said that his first memories were of kneeling at his mother's side while she taught him to pray. One of the things that I miss most since we became empty nesters is family prayer. Mom and I always pray together before we go to bed, but I want to start praying with any of our kids when you come over before you leave. I think it would be a great blessing to Mom and I. Well, I better keep this short; reading all those weekly blogs is going to take a whole bunch of time for ya'll. See you at the BBP (Big Birthday Party)
DAD

No comments: