Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Plastic Skating (KP)

Oh, I see how it is. It's on like Donkey Kong! When there's a Benjamin on the line, you know I'm in it to win it!

So it's been an exciting couple of weeks since I've been back here in the city. Work is going well and it's slowed down a ton since the end of last year when things were crazy and I was working like a mad man. Emily and I have been having a ball here in the frozen city. It snowed this weekend and we took a walk in the snow covered park. We went to the Museum of Natural History and learned about the veracity of the Big Bang Theory (we're going inactive now). We went ice skating on what we thought was an ice rink but turned out to be a plastic rink. Talk about a waste of $20! It was like roller blading at Classic Skating on skates with no wheels (except there's a giant lit up polar bear in the middle). I bought Emily a bike for Christmas so we've been on several bike rides (this will also come in hand for any of you who decide to visit.......I now have two bikes and live 100 yards from Central Park......why has nobody from my family come to visit yet?)

Speaking of visiting, that seems to have just become a little more difficult. But don't hesitate, we've still got room for two and possibly three at a time. So my roommate, Kyle, also works at American Express and he dislikes his job in a major way. He decided he wanted out so he found someone to take his spot in our apartment. Well, this new guy, Collin, moved in on January 4th. In the meantime, Kyle decided that he would stick things out with his job for the time being so he stayed here. He moved into Nate's room which is about the size of Mom's Geo Prism. So now we have five dudes, three bedrooms, one bathroom, and a sweet futon. Needless to say, things aren't exactly "roomy", but rent will be cheap! I think I'll probably end up paying $600 per month. What a deal!

Well, I think that's all I'll write for now. I love you all. Oh, by the way...... I'll be in Utah from January 28th until February 5th. I'll be working from the Amex Service Center in West Valley, working from Mom and Dad's, skiing, visiting my brothers and sisters and nephews and niece, and having a grand ol' time.

By the way.... the Draper Temple sounds great. I could go if we went on the 29th or later. I'm not sure of the dates of the open house, but I'd love to come.


Love ya!

-KP

No comments: