Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Prodical Son has Returned

It must be my lucky day as I tried to log on to make a post. And the first password I tried worked!! Sometimes it's hard to remember which password goes to which account.

I most likely win the award for longest time between posts. Although I might have several excuses for not making it happen, like anything, it still would be an excuse.

Today is Abby's 5th birthday. It seems just like yesterday that I held her for the first time promising to be the best Dad ever to her. Sometimes I wonder if I'm holding up my end of the bargain, but she sure has been a wonderful blessing in my life. Nothing can be too bad knowing that I've got a couple of children at home that love their Dad regardless of anything else that transpires.

Last June, my business partner unexpectedly left the financial planning business. Also last June is when the financial markets began to plummet to a level not seen for a long time. This past November, another successful Financial Advisor decided to leave the business, and thus pass his business to me as well. The amount of account and assets that I'm now in charge of has quadrupled, but the number of fires to put out each day seems to have grown by 1000%. There's no doubt that the way I do business has forever changed since what has transpired over the past several months. I am looking forward to the day when I can deliver good news again as well. It seems as though it's been awhile since I've been able to do that.

We love our new home and our new ward. I'm back working in the Young Men's program. I think I could stay there for the rest of my time in mortality and be just fine with it. It's hard though when I see them make decisions that only makes this difficult life more difficult. I'm more convinced than ever that the recipe to life is living the gospel and by serving others. This agency thing that we all fought so hard for in the pre-existence is such a wonderful deal, but man, it can sure snowball quickly once anyone temporality removes the Armor of God for a time. I'm so grateful for the Atonement, but certain decisions certainly can have long lasting consequences!!

It's sure a wonderful thing being apart of such an awesome family. I also appreciate how all of you love my children so well. There's no doubt that the heros in their lives are all of you. Thanks for the great examples and love you show to all of them.

And to you down south of us, even Grandpa and Grandma Marler......we sure love you and pray for you on a daily basis......

Well, gotta run now. Spencer didn't take a nap today and he just made the decision to go to bed with the help of his Father!!

rp

No comments: