Friday, January 23, 2009

Planes are landing in the water!! (KP)

So in case you didn't hear, a plane landed in the Hudson River last week. In case you didn't know, my office is less than 100 yards from the Hudson. In case you didn't hear, I'm okay. I didn't get any water splashed on me when it landed. Although I do have to admit that I was a little disappointed that nobody called to make sure that I didn't have hypothermia from being in the Shamu splash zone of the plane. It actually landed about 60 blocks up river from us, but they tied it off about 300 yards from our front door. I went out one day and took a few pictures, but they're not worth sharing because you can't see anything more than the US Airways fin sticking out of the water. So that was my dose of excitement for the week.

Other than that, things have been pretty normal around here. We've had a few dinner parties over at Emily's place. My place is too crowded and has too many dudes to have people over for dinner. We also went out to a nice Cuban restaurant with some people from Emily's work. They were all nice people and only one of them got wasted. Another piece of notable news is that Em and I are no longer going to run the Myrtle Beach Marathon on Valentine's day. It filled up so we couldn't sign up unless we paid $500 to the Leukemia society. So it looks like we'll now be running the DC Marathon on March 21. While that won't give us enough time to register and run the Boston in April, it should be a really cool marathon to run.

Well, that's about all I have to say for now. I love you all and I can't wait to see you all next week! I'll be there on Wednesday night until the following Thursday.

Love ya!

-KP

No comments: