Monday, November 5, 2007

Beautiful Monday!

As Phil Holbrook used to always say on a day like today, "it sure is a beautiful day outside!" Sounds like it's also great weather in Mesa...I hope that keeps up the rest of the month down in sunny Arizona.

I was invited to go to a Jazz game last Saturday night. The Jazz played the Golden State Warriors, and the Jazz beat them convincingly. It was a very entertaining game, and I was feeling pretty good about myself until I got a text message from Jodi that informed me to look for Kyle sitting on the 2nd row. I really have great eye sight, but since we were on row 13 of the upper bowl, I couldn't spot KP. I'm sure that he's jealous that I was able to see the entire court during the game with much more ease...

As Dad mentioned in his blog, I received a new calling last week. I've been called to be the executive secretary in my ward. I had no idea how many "behind the scenes" things that go on in a ward. We have a great Bishopric--they all have a great sense of humor, so that makes the work even more fun. For now, they have left me in as the Priest's Quorum advisor...Bishop said he'll release me in a couple months...And, the last executive secretary had the assistant clerk that was doing half of his job for him (they called the assistant clerk to be the new Wark Clerk, so we now have one less memeber of the bishopric than we did two weeks ago)...so, I kind of have three callings right now. I like them all a lot though, so that makes it easier.

Just two more weeks now till we leave for Mesa! Sometimes my family...mostly my mom...have a hard time understanding why Jodi and I are never around during Thanksgiving. We just tell them that we just have a lot more fun w/ GMA and GPA Marler in Arizon....and, if they want us to stay home in Utah for Turkey day--they need to work on their overall "fun level".

I'd say that our annual trip to Mesa during Thanksgiving is our most treasured Holbrook family tradition. We haven't established very many traditions in our small family, but we always know where we will find ourselves on Thanksgiving....as long and GMA and GPA will let us keep coming :)

Go Jazz!

No comments: