Sunday, December 30, 2007

Bringing on 2008

Good Sunday morning to you all!! I'm home from church today with Spencer and Abby. Spencer has had quite a week with the croup. As you all know, he's had respiratory problems in the past and when he gets sick with similar types of problems, then we have to be extra careful. He has enjoyed taking long showers with his father though as it's a great way to clear up those lungs a little bit.
Abby woke up feeling sick this morning and it looks as though she might have a touch of what Spencer has. Hopefully, we'll be able to get through all of this sooner than later as we enter into a new year.
Santa Claus made it to our place on Christmas day. Abby and Spencer received a new motorized Jeep. Because of the extreme cold, we haven't taken it outside yet to try it out, but that will come in due time.
Our main Christmas gift is this new house that we're building. It's really going up fast as we look to be in by the 1st of April. It's fun to drive by to see the progression each day.
Yesterday day I spent 3 hours receiving a golf lesson from one of my clients. He comes from a golfing family and has two brothers that play on the professional golf tour. Needless to say, I've re-created my golf swing and it could take time before I'm ready to roll with it. This past year, I realized that I need to do something different if my golf game is ever going to improve. It's plateaued over the past 10 years and so it will be interesting to see if I can ever get a little better.
Thanks to everyone with how well you treat our two kids. They simply love each of you and appreciate how much they are loved and treated when they're with you.
Congrats again to the Holbrook family. I hope little Carson is doing well and is giving you at least a couple of good hours of sleep. Seeing those pictures, it doesn't seem that long ago that Abby and Spencer were that size. But that size they aren't now!! Abby will be a Sunbeam next week and loves to play board games. I've played hours and hours of games with her over the past couple of weeks. Spencer likes to wrestle with me as he loves to jump on top of me and try to take me down. He usually does a pretty good job.
Wishing all of you the very best in 2008!! 2007 was great and anxious to be a part of all of the good things coming up. Like Dad said, we are truly a blessed people!!
rp

No comments: