Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sunday Night

I just finished Mom's letter with the update on Grandma Marler's health. I then listened to Elder Wirthlin's talk on Charity from last General Conference. You may remember that Elder Wirthlin's leg locked up on him and he was in a great deal of pain, but was determined to finish his talk. Elder Nelson, his long time friend and co-worker came up behind Elder Wirthlin and supported him while he finished his talk. It was a great example of the charity that Elder Wirthlin was talking about. I thought of the great love that the Mother of our family has for her mother and for the support that she is able to give. I am so grateful that she was able to be there and give the love and help that she has. While Mom has been gone I have been on the recieving end of lots of love from our children. I so appreciated Kyle calling yesterday and taking me to the BYU-Michigan State game and then Brynley going to the ward party with me even though she didn't know anyone there and had a lot to do and then Jodi and Matt inviting Troy over for dinner this evening and feeding us some wonderful German pancakes. I love my family and appreciate every moment I get to spend with any of you. I'll be praying for our four students as they finish up their semesters in college. Let me know if I can do anything for any of you. I have the time and the Love.
DAD

No comments: