Saturday, December 8, 2007

My Surgery Experience

Hi Family,
I am in the hospital, so obviously I can't get to my normal blogging activities, so I have dictated this to my one and only daughter and here is the update. This was Saturday morning, Dec 8.
From G’ma

All went well with the surgery, but after the surgery all “heck” broke loose. I can hardly get in and out of bed. I don’t have much strength in my legs. This morning at 5am there was a beeping on the machine. I couldn’t find the controls so I tried to yell help, but that only hurt my incision. Then the TV went on by itself and then without getting help, I wet the bed. Then the nurse scolded me because I didn’t have someone to help me here in the hospital. The nurse took all the covers off me and used a cold wash cloth. I started freezing and shaking and she asked if I often shake like that. It was a nightmare in real life. The holy and almighty surgeon who couldn’t leave such a high risk patient last time because it would be unethical can now be gone. Yes, he went out of town after surgery.?%#! Guess I either became a low risk patient or he is being unethical.

But I have such fond memories of Thanksgiving and it comes in my mind all the time, it helps me through times like this. Thanks for helping me have those memories.
Love Gma
********
P.S. I write this as myself now- Jill/Mom/Daughter you get the drift

G'ma got up to the BR and oh what a difference a day makes. She could walk much better, she can almost get out of the bed by herself, she ate a good breakfast, she is making funny wisecracks again, and yes, she is in more pain because the tube that was moving medication to numb the incision area came out, but all in all, she has turned a very big corner. In addition you can see that the 1st day after surgery G'ma is still up for a good game of Rummy! She kicked my trash 350-250. Some things just don't change! Love and miss you all.....

No comments: