Sunday, December 30, 2007

A few firsts

So it seems I am doing things, I didn't really think I would be doing this time of year. So its funny when I do them...at least it amuses me.

So here are some things

1. Getting up at 3am and not being mad at the person who woke me up.
2. Made a fish and chips dinner for Matt and I today. He even hates fish and I don't cook, especially fish...but it was really good! (I'm such a homemaker)
3. Filled out and returned one of those pass it along e-mails. That's funny just to me, but I never pass on that stuff like that...so the extra time on my hands is interesting to me.
4. Played Nintendo in my house. I never thought we would have a game console in our house, but Matt got the Wii for Christmas, and we had some friends over and had the time of our lives. (ok, maybe not the time of our LIVES, but definitely had fun.)
5. Have had everyone in my entire family (except ryans family) stop by my house in the same month...and most have come several times. Wow, who knew?
6. Called Matt to tell him a long story about how I got Carson to burb and how much he ate of his bottle. Funny how your conversations change.
7. Watched daytime television. Ok, I only watched it for about 5 minutes, but now I know that is NOT one of the items that will be filling up my days!
8. Send enough Text Messages that Matt is making us change our plan to include unlimited. I guess we really are moving into the new age. I help back on that for so long, but it really is a good way to communicate...as long as you are not breaking up with someone over text messaging. (Well, it just happened to one of my girls, and I thought it was rude)

Well I did not go to church today. Matt and I usually trade off, but Carson was really fussy today...first time every, so being the first time parent that I am, I had to stay with him and make sure he was OK. But he is doing great now...I guess he may get fussy from time to time no matter what we do! He is sure a fun kid. Thanks to my family for all your support. We are still planning to keep him only in the house for a while, so it nice that you have all made the effort to come see him. Ryan thanks for knowing that sick kids are hard to have around. We still can't wait for the cousins to meet, but you and Kath are so nice and I know you will know when it is the right time to come and we can't wait!

Love you all family, hope you are doing well. Hope you all have some great new year's party's planned and know that we are missing and loving you all!

With love,
Jodi

No comments: