Sunday, April 12, 2009

Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center.....Wildcats in the city (KP)

Weber State, Weber State, Great, Great, GREAT!
So I had the thrill of being a Wildcat again this week. Weber State's wind ensemble was invited to perform in Carnegie Hall so Weber State decided to hold its semi-annual National Advisory Council meeting in NYC. That's good news for me. They invited me to a luncheon with the NAC and we heard Gary Crittenden, Scott Baxter, and Omar Kader speak. They all were very interesting. I sat next to Fran and Leann Wheeler. They said to tell you hi Dad. They also invited Emily and me to attend the show "South Pacific" at the Lincoln Center with them. It was a neat show and it was even better because it was free. The next night we had an alumni reception at Carnegie Hall followed by the WSU performance in Carnegie Hall. It was really neat, at least the first 15 minutes....then I got a bit bored, but that was my first time in Carnegie Hall and it was really neat. Well, I'm super excited for Brynley to be out here this week. I love you all and I'm excited to see you all in just 3 short weeks!

Love,

Kyle

No comments: