Sunday, April 5, 2009

Loved "The General" (KP)

Wow, what a conference. It's really late out here, but I've gotta get in my blog for the week to keep up my perfect weekly blogging streak. I know I've got a few others with perfect records as well, but I guess we'll just have to find a proper way to split the dough.

Elder Holland's talk was my favorite. I loved so many of the wonderful talks though. The concept of the Spirit leaving Christ so that he could experience what it is like for us to lose the Spirit when we sin is something I hadn't thought of before. If he were to truly understand everything we go through as mortals, he would have to understand the agony of losing the Spirit when we sin. Because he never sinned, he didn't know what it was like to lose the Spirit. Therefore, just when he needed it most, the Spirit was withdrawn from him. It is amazing to think of the love involved in the Atonement. It was a wonderful conference.

My chest is still hurting, but I'm sure it will get better with time. I've organized a soccer team and we have our first game on Thursday. I hope I'm ready to play, but for some reason, I just don't think I'll be up to it. Well, I'm pretty tired and need to get some sleep.

I love you all!

-KP

No comments: