Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Birthday Bash

The Momster,

Hey, I wanted to thank EVERYONE for a fabulous birthday. Other than Dad saying Happy Birthday to me when my alarm rang early in the morning, I got a call first thing from me big brudder Joel. We recommitted to meet more often. I'm willing to tent it in Woodruff in sub-zero temperatures to get a chance to be with him!

Then I was MUCH surprised to see my little family show up to the church where we were doing some cleaning that we signed up for. What a wonderful surprise!! Thanks all...that was above and beyond the call of duty. We enjoyed running over to Liberty park again and this time we made omlettes over a pan of boiling water on the hot coals. It was delish, thanks to Kyle who has the ability to multi-task by cooking and playing Fink at the same time. As it turns out, even tho Kyle was ahead, there were some other sub-winners as well. Abby and Spencer enjoyed the Ferris Wheel, well, lets just say, Spencer really enjoyed it after he got off!
Then Brynley and I went mountain biking with some ladies from my work. It was a moderately technical trail by Deer Valley, but they were a lot of fun to ride with. With lots of big planted and loose rocks in the trail, it took a lot of maneuvering. As luck would have it, both good and bad, Bryn did a grand "endo" and biffed it causing some abrasions and contusions all over her darling little body. The good luck was that she was at the end of the trail when it happened, she did not get cut by the rocks, she did not break any bones. her helmet protected her head from the crash the bike took on it and she'll have some pretty good war wounds to talk about it. The bad news is that she got some pretty good dead legs from the handle bars on her thighs so I'm not thinking she'll be able to get sympathy comments on those deep bruises. OUCH!!! The good news is that she was still able to hobble into Ruby Tuesday in Park City for dinner with me. We really had a most enjoyable time talking and laughing. I just LOVE to be with ma kids and my family. You guys are the ever-living best! I got calls from all my brothers and my ma and pa who sang Happy Birthday two times per request so I could get them on speaker phone.

Love you all much bigger than Bear Lake!!
MOM

No comments: