Sunday, September 16, 2007

Sunday the 16th

I was pretty excited to write my blog contribution, thinking that I have had a pretty good last couple of weeks, and then we picked up Jodi and Matt at the airport and suddenly my life seemed a little boring. Let me give you the top 10 of the past two weeks anyway. They are in no particular order.
1. Yesterday and today was our Stake Conference in the Liberty Stake. The session last night was an all-time great one. They talked about Pioneers and they had a few pioneers who are members of our Stake who had moved here from Africa. The shared sweet and powerful testimonies. I loved the feeling I had when a sweet sister shared her testimony of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon being a 2nd witness of the Savior. Our meeting today was at the Assembly Hall. It was also an excellent meeting also. My favorite part of conference is sitting next to a pretty lady.
2. Ryan and I went to a most excellent football game yesterday and watched the UofU kill UCLA. We had a great pre-game meal, got to talk to some basketball coaches and really enjoyed the game. My favorite part was being with Ryan.
3. Mom and I went to a play with two of her friends from work on Friday evening. The name of the play was "The Secret Garden." I have heard a whole bunch of wonderful things about the play, but we were quite disappointed. It moved slowly, was hard to understand and follow. You'll never guess what my favorite part was.
4. It was great to see Bryson get married this week. Thanks to each of you for you efforts to support him and Candace. I was excited to see a student I taught over 30 years ago marrying a friend of mine from College. Both of them had lost their spouse in the past couple of years. I believe that have 15 children between them, but I imagine that they are mostly grown.
5. I have had the opportunity to speak in Sacrament Meetings twice in the past few weeks. Once in Ryan's ward and once in the South Weber singles ward. I talked about testimonies and the importance of keeping our testimonies growing all the time. I felt good and grateful for the opportunity.
6. I loved Mom's birthday party at Liberty Park! Thanks to all of you for arranging your life to be there. It was wierd for me not to give Mom and Birthday present. We made a no-presesnt pledge to each other. I guess it will aleviate stress and disappointment. I am so thankful for the Mother of my children.
I guess that there were only six things I wanted to share. I am loving life. I love my family. I know the gospel has been restored to the earth. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do for any of you. I have the time, the desire, a car, the Priesthood, sufficient money and a great interest in your well-being.
Love
DAD

No comments: