Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Purple Reign

Troy Poll

Well, so far this has been one of the busiest weeks of my life. Last Thursday Weber threw a pizza party at the University Village that was a great success and it was nice to have that over with. We had about 250 people in attendance which is pretty good for a Weber acitvity. Saturday we had our kick-off party for homecoming week which was held at Lindquist Field where I got to play in two of the three softball games of the evening. We won both and I hit an in the park grand slam in the second game. I don't do that very often so it was fun for me. Monday we had our Paint the Town Purple Contest. We met at Burger king where we gave away Whopper Jr. value meals to everyone who came. I talked to my Stake President and it was made a stake FHE activity and we also had some other singles wards that showed up including Ryan's ward in Layton. We painted over 40 local businesses and had over 200 people show up which is a really good number for such an event. My institute committee threw a tailgate party for our Volleyball game tuesday night and we had a huge turnout. We ran out of food pretty quick and we had facepainting for everyone and we made posters to use in the game. The gym was so filled up that people were standing up because there weren't enough bleacher seats for our huge crowd. Weber lost in five games with the last game score of 19-17 for BYU after their serve rolled over the net and dropped straight down. Heartbreaker! With those events over I have alot of stress off, but when the week is over it will be even better. Today I was voted in as this years Homecoming King at Weber State so that is a new one for me. I get to wear a sash and a crown so it's pretty cool. The dance will be this Friday and the game will be Saturday at 1:00 vs Montana State. For those of you that don't know, my friend Drew Nusser is getting married. Yes, I know, it's hard to believe, but on the 29th of this month he will tie the knot officially. Everyone will be invited to the reception, but nobody should feel pressured to go.
That is about it for me as of late. I got to get back to studying now. I am sure grateful for a job that allows me to work on homework during my free time because I don't know when else I would do it! I have been truly blessed with lots of opportunities that keep me engaged in good causes. I am even more grateful for a family that I love so much and that supports me and always has supported me in anything I have needed.

Love yall,

Troy Poll

No comments: