Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Home Again, Home again

Jodi-

Well family...just a quick note to tell you I'm safe at home. We had an amazing time in Africa, and I wish each of you had been there, but i'll tell you any story you'll listen to:) I had a flight to Las Vegas today, and cancelled it at 6 am when I heard the show was slow and not worth it. So I'm glad to be here at work and not bored in Vegas...its good to have nothing that I HAVE to do tonight...Jet lag is still a bit wearing on me!

My friends from the event have posted some more photos and even some videos of our trip on their blogs...so if you have a minute... check them out...there are some great shots and it will give you a snap shot of our trip as well...

http://www.wilnaf.blogspot.com/

http://donnadowney.typepad.com/simply_me/

http://mambi.typepad.com/big_ideas/2007/09/back-from-south.html



As I mentioned...Grandpa Holbrook died last week. We went to his funeral. They gave him a full military honors graveside service which I have never seen before...it was really cool. They really do present the widow with the flag from the caskett, they play the funeral march, then shoot twice. They then give the spent shell casings to the widow as well. It was amazing...and heart wrenching all at the same time. Its good to know he is happier now and with Matt's dad. Good thing we have the gospel in times like this...its still hard to say goodby, but we know its not forever so we can keep on going. He was really a good man...I'm glad I got to know him for the time I did. I got a kiss on the cheek each visit...so I'll have that to cherish always:)

Love you all family...good week for posts on the blog...



Dad - I will be flying to Mesa for Thanksgiving for sure and flying home on Sunday.

Grandma - i'll send you my flights as soon as I book them:)


No comments: