Monday, June 4, 2007

And it begins

This is the beginning...I thought it would be nice to have us post on a blog so you can access it and update it anytime needed. Mom...still send out the reminder e-mail then just post to our Blog!...

So here is the beginning...

Polls June 04, 2007

KYLE

Family,
Well another week in the big city has come and gone. It was pretty eventful. I worked, played some soccer, went on a boat cruise around Manhattan, met loads of new people, ate at the Brooklyn Diner (overrated), moved into my place, got fleas, and got soaked. I'm wearing women's socks right now. I went to the gym before work and on the way, I realized that I had forgotten my socks. Well, the local Duane Reed (like Walgreens) only had women's socks, so I figured that's better than sweaty white ankle socks. The boat cruise was spectacular. Manhattan looked great by night from the water. I'll have to email you a pic of the statue of liberty. Bryn, I met Brittany Holman. She's gonna come play some soccer this week. So work is coming along better. I still have a lot to learn, but it's coming right along. My roommate, Otso (he's from Finland) is a cool guy. I think it will work out just fine living with him for the summer. Well, I met these girls the other day and they met this guy at lunch. They talked to him about the church a little and he talked to them about his church. They said they'd go to his church if he came to ours. So they invited me to come along and we had a great experience. We didn't go to his church because they met in a hotel and apparently it had moved to a new location and he didn't know where. So we walked around the park and talked until our church started. We shared a Book of Mormon with him and he came to sacrament meeting. It was neat sharing my testimony of that book with someone who had never heard it again. It has been a long time since I've had that opportunity. Well, I love you all and love hearing from you.

I forgot to add something to my PWW. I don't know if you all heard about Terence's brother but his 18 year old brother AJ was killed in a car accident on Thursday morning. I talked to Terence on Friday and it's been obviously very hard on him and his family. Please keep them in your prayers in their time of need. He forwarded me a few articles today about the crash. I've got the links below.
-KP

Jodi
We'll here I am at JFK...home from Amsterdam. We had a fab time. Saw a lot while we are there, but I will be greatful to be home. Our scrapbooking event went well. I learned to speak Brittish so that was a highlight. "Hello, I've got to to to the loo, and Krimee, great scott this we had a quite nice holiday, however our flat did not have a lift so we had to climb the stairs instead" Hows that! A whole new language in just a weekend...We met these crazy girls from the UK and had the best of time with them. Classes went well, and we were a hit. It was fun to be in a different country, but it really makes you appreciate the joys of America...like being able to use a Visa, not having to carry cash around, not paying for the restroom, a 24 hour store, and drive through coffee shop. A house with a yard and no weed in the street, smoke free restraunts and menu's in English. So we have a lot to be greatful for and had a great time too.
I'll send pics later...
Love you all Jodi

Missing from this WWW
Dad
Mom
Grandma
Ryan
Katherine
Matthew
Brynley
Troy

We'll do better next time!

No comments: