Tuesday, June 12, 2007

June 12

DAD

Good Monday Morning family
I will spend some time, some other time figuring out the blog. I hope that this can be read by all concerned and maybe a few unconcerned people.
The past week has been delightful! I appreciate our family support of the Slater Reunion. Events like that are really a big deal to my parents. I also think that it is good for us to see the extended family that we are all a part of. It is also interesting to see how one marriage, combining two families together starts a whole new family with its unique traditions, likes and dislikes, mannerisms, dress patterns, speech and lifestyle. The Slater family has become quite diverse in just a couple of generations. I notice that same diversity when we get together with the Marlers, the Brimleys or the Polls. I am so grateful that my Mom and Dad hooked up together. I am also thankful for our little Gary and Jill Poll family. I am so grateful for my wife and for her energy, habits, support, love and goodness. Not to mention her un-matched beauty.
As I think all of you know, we have accepted an offer on our home. It is contingent upon the buyers selling their home, so it is anything but a done deal, but we are excited and optimistic. We are also in the middle of trying to make some decisions on our new home. Every little decision seems to have a big dollar sign right next to it. I am also loving our current home more all the time. It is a great place. I wish that we could take care of it. It's the old "torn between two lovers" thing.
Please take note that on Sunday July 1, there will be an 80Th Birthday party for Grandma Poll at Craig and Jacki's house starting at 6 PM. Ryan, Jodi and Brynley are assigned to each bring a salad. Mom and I have a Giant pot of baked beans and 4 Marie Calender pies. Each of us are assigned to have a picture of us and Grandma and a little statement of a memory or of our love or of a favorite thing to Peggy, Tami or Sandi by next Sunday. The reminder send today reads Here is your reminder...
"Please bring your pictures of mom, family etc. for the video and book, NO LATER than next Sunday to Tami, Sandi, or Peg. Sooner would be great if you happen to be able to."
Let me know if I can help any of you.
I love my family. Please keep in touch and let me know if I can do anything for any of you. We love your visits and your phone calls.
DAD

TROY

Well it was a fun week indeed here in good ole O-Town. I had a good homecoming meeting this weekend where we picked the theme and set a rough plan for the week. We will be chiseling out the details at a meeting later on today. Should be a blast. Looks like we will be able to hold the homecoming dance in the new atrium that is currently under construction which is something that Kyle was a part of in his presidency. Things have also been going really well with the whole campus relations thing at the institute. I am one of the only council members that has been busy during the summer. Right now we have orientations happening at the school that we are trying to have at least two counsel members at each session to greet the future students with an otter pop, a frisbee, and an invitation to come to institute activities. It was fun to go to the Slater family reunion this last Saturday and see the family and to see Dad do a great job of paying tribute to our living relatives.I love yall and hope all are doing well.
-Troy

GRANDMA

A reminder that the Brimley News letter is due into Ivard or Elizabeth by the end of July. I've got mine in already. It just took 5 minutes, so go for it. Today was Stake Conference and we couldn't go because it's impossible to park and walk so far. Perhaps GPA will go to Sacrament Mtg. with me next week. Tomorrow, we both have an appointment with our internist. Today, The Diamondbacks beat Boston 5 to 1. It's been a real good series. Boston beat the first two games. They had the highest attendance Sat. then any other game. Kurt Schilling didn't pitch for Boston, but Randy Johnson pitched today's game and did an excellent job. I think Ryan and Kathryn went to a Diamondback game where Randy pitched. Right after that, Johnson went to the Yanks and Schilling went to Boston. It got up to 102 this afternoon but cooled down to 90 this evening at 7:30. Got to go. Love you all, ibmom and GMA


JODI
Back from Holland and behind like crazy. Work is busy, life is busy, my house is a mess and I'm sick which makes me tired so I've been going to bed early which means I don't get anything done. Well enough complaining...I'm off to California tomorrow so I will see you on on Fathers Day!

No comments: