Saturday, June 23, 2007

Sunshine Days

Mom

My Wonderful Family,
Hello to all. I guess we have Troy in St. George, Brynley in Logan, Kyle in NY, and Jodi and Katherine are going to Ikia and Dad and I are working around this house of ours getting ready for an iminent move (who knows when) and 24 people to feed Chicken Cordon Bleu tonight before the play. Even tho Jodi called and invited us to go to this huge home deco and furniture store extraordinaire, I told her it would be like a diabetic going into a candy store. I'm sure I would see something I wanted, but since we are saving our $$ for building a house, we better start there first.

Life changes around every corner. Everyday I wake up, I think well at least I'm breathing so that is the same as yesterday, but the rest, you just never know. When Jodi called us on Friday night and told us what happened as she explained below, we decided that it was best this time to let the family understand what is going on as it is being played out. We agreed that we really work better as a family team than not. I am grateful every day for the love and support that you kids show to not just us as your parents, (kind of standard in many families) but to each other on a daily basis (not standard in many families). My dream, my greatest desire as you kids were growing up was that you would get along with each other. So you have all exceeded my hopes. It seems that not only do you get along and love each other, but you EVEN like to DO stuff together and be together. I could not ask for anything more. Because I LOVE to do stuff with any and all of you too!!

So as a response of Jodi's comments below, I am sure that I can speak for all the family, that we will continue to love and support Jodi in her new found "independence." Some things in life are by choice and some things happen to us that we have little control over. There is a saying that goes something like "if everything continues the same, outcomes will be the same."

This time, things are going to be different, for Jodi, for Matt, for all of us as. It is the only way that we will be able to expect a different outcome. I believe that is what we all want. None of us are sure what the outcome should be, we all just know it cannot continue the same. We will become better as a result.

I love you all. Stay true to your faith and to your family.
MOM

No comments: