Sunday, June 10, 2007

I love the park

So I've been in New York the past week. I know it's tough to keep track of me, but it turns out I'm here. So if you need me, 505 E. 88th St. Apt 5D, New York, NY 10128.
It's been an exciting week. Yesterday I went to the Temple in the morning and it was truly magnificent. I donated blood right after that and I gave two pints. Double the blessings! Then I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It's quite the museum. I went with this girl that I met who is getting her PhD in Art History at NYU so it turns out she knew a little about art. It was a lot of fun because she told me all about what we were seeing. I met up with some friends from BYU last night and we had some good dinner and caught up on what we've all been doing. One of them was my friend that broke her foot in Havasupai. On crutches in New York, poor thing. Well, I'm meeting a lot of really interesting people here. The subways are an adventure and the streets are full of magic. I love Central Park. It's amazing how much is going on there. Yesterday after the Met, we got lunch in the park and watched the wildest roller skating exhibition I've ever seen. We also saw lawn bowling, baseball, croquet, boats, break dancers, and lots of people.

It's been an incredibly enlightening couple of weeks for me in a number of ways. It's the first time in a long time that I've had a little time on my hands to do some pondering and look at my life from a distance so to speak. I have rededicated myself to focusing on the things that matter most to me in this life. Also, I realized that I needed to make some changes with regards to a certain relationship. So from this day until I return to Utah, I will have no more contact with one Heather Tucker. This is really what both of us need and I feel excellent about it. I've been happier than a cop in a donut factory ever since I made that decision. I know you all don't know too much about it and that I don't tend to share stuff like that with you all, but I will just say that things are great now.

I went to a baptism before church today and it was excellent. I love having missionary opportunities every day and I love being a "peculiar" person. I love you all and I love the gospel. I'm grateful for our family and for our Savior Jesus Christ!

Look to God, AND LIVE!

-KP

No comments: