Monday, July 2, 2007

It's independance day

Brynley
What a week, just as always, life happens. This last week I had the opportunity to go to drug school. There was a national conference on the U of U campus where I got to pay some money and go learn about drugs and alcohol. I took the whole week off and told my boss I would be in rehab for the week. He was happy to have me back sober today. I'm really glad I went to the conference I learned so much and finally feel like it was directly applicable to my desires. I have a job interview in the morning with East High School as a counselor, I don't think I fit the education and experience credentials listed, but hopefully I can convince them that I do. I've started a new second job this week too. I'll be working with kids whose parents can't take care of them so they are now being adopted by family members. (grandparents, aunts etc.) It has been quite the eye-opener. I appreciate experiences that keep me grateful and this has and will continue to remind me of so many blessings.
Mom and Dad, Ivan and Jessica have offered you their house as well, As long as you don't mind living with a pregnant Jessica. I'm afraid you will need to be out by February 1st because your room will be the nursery at that point.
I'm sure most of you have heard about my friend Dave Leavitt who was in that car accident on Hwy. 89 on Thursday. Apparently he will be having back surgery tomorrow, and eventually will have a lot of emotional as well as physical healing to do. Please remember him and his family in your prayers.
Well, I better wrap up and hit the sack, it was good to be with almost everyone yesterday at grandma's birthday celebration. what a neat family we have. Luv you all! Have a wonderful 4th of July wherever you may be!
Brynley

No comments: