Thursday, February 26, 2009

A little late, but still 100%-DAD

It is Thursday morning. I teach tonight, so I will go into work a little later-or maybe quite a bit later-we'll have to see. I do have to register my car and get a hair cut before I go in. Mom has been gone since a week ago last Tuesday. I miss her oh so much, but I am very grateful she was able to go and be with grandma and grandpa Marler for several days. Everybody's life is better when Mom is around. I think that is true of all Moms. I know it is true for Carson. I am grateful that Jodi is back. I had a sweet visit with their little family on Monday. I went and watched the Utes beat UNLV last night. I am looking forward to their game against BYU this Saturday at 3 PM. If any of you would like to come over and watch it, please feel free. I am looking forward to lots of things, but next Friday in the temple with all of our family together makes the rest pale in comparison. We had a wonderful couple (Dan and Barbara Workman) come to our Inservice at the Institute last week. They talked about the temple. I would like to share a few short quotes they shared with us in each of my blogs for the next few weeks. With all that goes into getting married it is easy to forget the most important of all the events, the covenants entered into in the House of the Lord. "You won't walk out of the doors and say, "Wow, I've been sanctified" but if your spirit has been teachable, you will be changed. You can receive the ordinances of the templde in a couple of hours, but you can't do sanctification in a couple of hours. That's why the Lord makes it possible for us to go again and again as we serve those who did not receive these ordinances in mortality." I love my family and look forward to being with you in the House of the Lord next Friday. May we all always be worthy to return.
DAD

No comments: