Monday, October 8, 2007

Good Monday afternoon family of mine,
I apoligize that the past couple weeks, I haven't posted anything on the blog. The month of September was very busy for me as I was in 5 different states for 5 different functions in the one month. It was really nice this past weekend being home to be with my wife and children and being able to listen to conference.

Our house hasn't started yet. Apparently there were some problems with trying to fit the house on the lot as our lot has several strange requirements that would make it difficult to fit any size of house on it. Fortunately, everything is just fine now and the plans are off to the engineer. Our builder is toying with the idea of entering the home into the Parade of Homes. We're still trying to get more information as to how this will benefit us.

Abby and Spencer are both doing well. They both love being at their grandparents house as it's just another opportunity to get what they want. Abby puts her grandmother Loos to bed every night and then comes racing down to go to bed herself. She's eating very well right now and doesn't have her tummy problems that she had for the first couple years of her life.

The 'Little Dude' has got to be one of the funniest kids I've ever met. He is just so funny and he knows it! Like Abby used to do, he now talks in the third person, but calls himself "dude". However, his eating habits have been awful lately and so we're trying to figure creative ways of getting him to eat something besides Fruit Loops.

I've been released from my Bishopric calling and have received a new calling in our new ward. I'm going to teach the geneology class for the ward as the bishopric is going to call members to attend my class who they'd like to see more active in temple work. Many of the members have let their recommends expire and the hope is to get them more involved in the temple work and help them feel the Spirit, so that they will have the desire to go back to the temple. Of course, up to this point, I haven't done one ounce of temple work. So needless to say, I've got a lot to do before the class starts in a couple of weeks. But I'm excited to learn something new and might use some of you as resources who have had much more experience in this area than I have.

Well gotta run for now. Go Diamondbacks!!

rp

No comments: