Monday, October 8, 2007

That was the week that was

Good Monday Morning Family- This week is our Fall Break at the "U" so I have no excuse for not posting a little message to my family. I have a few Thank you's to pass around.
1. Thanks to our four children who spent Conference Sunday here at Apartment #4. It was so much appreciated. I love Conference Weekend! Nothing strengthens my testimony more than hearing the leaders of the Church share their testimonies. I am determined to continue my study of their words until the next Conference. I loved how I felt in Priesthood Conference while President Eyring was speaking.
2. Thanks to Troy for inviting me to attend the temple with him on Thursday evening. It had been way too long since I have been to an endowment session and way too long since I had a one on one with the T. I am so excited for all of the opportunities opening up for Troy.
3. Thanks to Brynley for calling me on Saturday morning and giving me the opportunity to coach 3 soccer games in one wet and cold morning. No greater complement could come to a parent than to be thought of when one of their children are in need. It was good to get a feel for Brynley's new job. I think it is a great opportunity for the Brynster. Let me know if you need help again.
4. Thanks to Abby for calling me yesterday and inviting me to go to Grandma and Grandpa's house. I love to play with Abby and Spencer! It was good to see Ryan and Katherine also.
5. Thanks to the love of my life for watching "24" with me. I look so forward to marvelling at Jack B. while I apply lotion to my 2 favorite feet. We have almost finishesd the entire series. What's next? The Office? - I doubt it. Thanks also for your calls from Kansas City.
6. Congratulations to all fans of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
Yesterday after the morning session of Conference, Jodi, Kyle, Brynley, Troy and I discussed the idea of preserving important family memories. Troy suggested that we each make of list of 10 or so of our most treasured memories-spiritual and otherwise and that we write up our memories and that we print them and bind them. I am making my list this morning and am committed to doing my share and a little more. If we could each take a few minutes every Sunday it wouldn't take long for us to have a significant family journal. President SWKimball said, "What could you do better for your children and your children's children than to record the story of your life, your triumphs over adversity, you recovery after a fall, your progress when all seemed black, your rejoicing when you had finally achieved?...Maybe the angels may quote from it for eternity." (SWK-Teachings, p. 350-51) This morning I am going to my Mom and Dad's place to try and help them with their histories. I am anxious to help them, partly becauses their history is my history-and each of yours.
I love my family

No comments: