Monday, October 29, 2007

Monday, Monday

A note to the family
I had a wonderful weekend. I love my family and appreciate every contact I have had with them. Here's my hi-lights. Not in order.
1. I am teaching a teacher-development class in our ward. I had 20 in attendance yesteday. It is proving to be a great way to get to know some people in the ward.
2. Speaking of our ward, we now have the finest young women president in the Church.
3. Our home now has a firm foundation. I am still predicting a March 6 closing.
4. I am excited for FHE this evening. I am not sure what we'll do. My guess is that we'll go to some cool place and cook hot dogs and have a lesson.
5. I will be disappointed in a major way if I do not get to see a little chicken and a little Monkey this Wednesday1
6. Mom and I went to the dollar movie and spent an arm and a leg on pop corn and pop. The name of the Movie was Hair Spray. My favorite part was when I was holding hands with the lady at my side. It was corny with a capital corn, but fun.
7. We had a wonderful meal at the Pivot Apartment. Thanks to Mom for the cooking and to Jodi, Matt, Kyle and Bryn for coming on over. I love to be with ye.
8. I just discovered that I have 8 days of annual leave to use up before the end of the year. One of them will be the day before Thanksgiving. I will get somebody to cover my class and I would like to leave on Tuesday evening if it is possible.
9. Grandma Poll had a pretty bad week with headaches and high blood pressure. She has always seemed so healthy and is feeling much better now, but keep all of the grandparents in our prayers.
10. Speaking of prayers, I read Ether 2 yesterday and wondered how a man like the Brother of Jared could go 4 years without prayer. I read a commentary that said he probably didn't go four years without prayer, but possibly 4 years without sincere prayer. The pray without all of your heart concerning your people prayer (1 Nephi 1:6). It was a good reminder to me. We all need to pray for all of us.
I love you each and all
DAD

No comments: