Monday, October 22, 2007

ibmom & gma

Dear Gang,
A whole week since I've posted and "life keeps happening." A really nice day of Church yesterday. I so appreciate going to church. I wake up some days and just don't feel well enough to go. Our whole Branch is like that. But we are getting winter members back. Talked with Jill a couple of times yesterday and she didn't even say they had talked at Church. I appreciate her as my 'Garue' on the Computer. Something as simple as double spacing. I think I've got it down. I wrote one of my essays on Hamlet, and just one more essay and then I will be a quarter through with the Humanities class. I got to thinking about that Shakespearian Festival we were with you in Cedar City. We saw one of the worst of Shakespeare. Does anyone remember the name of it? Was it "Much Ado About Nothing"? Anyway after reading the Hamlet in the book, about 60 pages, Dad discovered we had Hamlet in our VCR's by Mel Gibson. So we both watched it. It made the whole thing come to life and was that much more interesting. Incidentally, Dad is cleaning out our VCR and DVD cabinets. We find we have a lot of VCR's from early vcr day, when they were so expensive, so we would put as many as 3 on a tape. We left some of the advertising and it's hard to get to the third movie. But we also found out, there's not much swearing or dirty words or nudity. Those with too much or that above, got thrown out. The rest, he's going to see if he can edit them and get the adv. off and only one per vcr. We have a machine that does it, but is not working too well so we may need another one. Anyhow, we found a couple of oldies, but goodies we want to show at Thanksgiving time. One is
"Joseph and the Amazing Coat of Many Colors" with Donnie Osmond. A good Musical from London. The other is "Pollyana" with Haylee Mills. It's a kid's show, but has such a good moral.

Dad and I are going over to our Dr. to get a Flu shot today and then he has an exam. He wants to get off the Lassix if possible. His feet and legs were swollen badly and now thy're just swollen, but not badly. Well as Abbey would say, "I can't talk with you any more cause I'm busy." Got to get back to my studies and redo Dad's medicines.

Kyle can make dressing like he did last year. The golfing is available for nine holes for 3 people. Love ya all lots. ibmom and gma

No comments: