Sunday, March 8, 2009

All wired up--rp

It's been several weeks since I last posted a blog. One reason for my slothfulness is that I wanted to get the results with my little heart condition before posting. I've definitely had to look at my own mortality right in the face over the past several weeks.

For those who didn't know, I've had some discomfort in my chest area. I went to see the dr. who told me everything was normal. I then went to get my blood drawn, which also showed all is OK. Finally, I went to the hospital and received a Halter Monitor (see posted picture), which acts like a 24 hour EKG.

The results after this test also showed "nothing remarkable". Needless to say, it's been a frustrating ordeal as I still have bouts where my heart races and minor chest discomfort. More than anything, it's just annoying to feel something different in that area of my body.

It's also been frustrating dealing with the HMO medical community through this. The answers and professional help I've received has been minimal and the costs for such professional help has been quite expensive. But the good news is that any of the "big" things have been ruled out. Most likely, I've just been dealing with a little stress, which has allowed my body to act a little out of the normal. So that's the news on that side of things.

On a much brighter note, it was sure nice being a part of the family's big weekend!! What a wonderful event it was as I don't know how things could have gone better. Congrats to Troy and Marissa and congrats to them for doing everything the right way. It was sure an honor to them and for both sides of the family to witness such a huge turnout at the wedding reception. The wedding reception MC kept saying that in 15 minutes the bride and groom would cut the cake. Well after the third or fourth time of saying that, I politely told him that until the line ends somewhere in the cultural hall, it might be best to exercise a little patience.

Well last week, I spent most of my week in Las Vegas at a convention. Needless to say, I stayed out of the office during a quite tumultuous week in the financial markets. So I'm off to bed in preparation for what I know will be waiting for me in the morning.....

Nighty Night,
rp

No comments: