Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sunday Morning

DAD
It is Sunday morning and I am so grateful for our family. I am thankful to have the mother of our family back in the house. Mom has not felt well since she returned. She has the flu bug. She gets more done when she is sick than normal people (like me) do when they are healthy. I love our house, but it is not a home unless we have family in it. It was great to have Troy and Marissa and some of their friends over last night. They even used the basketball court and lights.
I am looking forward to going over to Matt and Jodi and Carson's for dinner this evening. As of this AM Mom is not planning to go. I intend to go to G-ma and G-pa Polls home after dinner.
I was a little upset that our cable package did not allow us to watch the BYU-Utah game yesterday, especially because I was so sure that it would, but when I saw the outcome of the game, I was glad I hadn't wasted my time. Apologies to Ryan for having him come all the way over for nothing.
Elder Quentin Cook of the 12 spoke to CES people on Friday night at the Tabernacle. He gave a wonderful talk. He told us to warn the youth of the Church to avoid "Foolishness". It seemed like a good message for all of us.
I am so looking forward to this next Friday morning and thank our family for living worthiliy to meet in the temple. Another temple quote, "The temple is about being in love. I'm sure none of your students have ever thought about being in love before, but the promise of the temple to each person who receives these ordinances, is that you will spend eternity in love. The Lord know who you will marry, and he sees your future eternal companion better than you dreamed he or she could be; perfected, majestic, wonderful, and he sees you that way too. Handsome is not bad, neither is beautiful, or athletic or brilliant or wealthy or a wonderful personality. But the most valuable attribute will be that both of you have learned to Seek first the Kingdom of God. Your prince husband or queen wife will become perfect, and even more exciting, so will you. Come to the temple because you don't want to spend eternity alone, you want to spend it in love.

I want to spend it with our famiy. All of our family.
DAD

No comments: