Wednesday, March 25, 2009

running fun?

I'm going to relate with kyle when I say that the second half of the marathon isn't always the greatest. Moab was sure an eye opener for me. The Moab half was exactly one month before the Boston marathon, and I now know that 26.2 miles isn't going to be easy for me...but really, now that I'm in, I should just go and run at my pace right? Well as soon as I can kick this small cold, I'll get back to some good training runs.
It was great to go down South even though the run was rough for me. The weather was beautiful and I went down with a fun group of friends. We camped out on friday night, ran Saturday morning, and headed to the Canyonlands. We hiked around for a while, and headed home. We were waiting for a sunset at the end of a hike, then decided it was too cloudy and there wouldn't be much to see. By the time we got back to the car, the whole sky was lit up and it was obvious that there was a great view from the place that we just came from...but what do you do? We got home around 12:30 and I was able to sleep quite peacefully that night.
Kim's birthday was on Monday so we partied hard. We went to breakfast, went shopping at REI, went climbing all afternoon, had some dinner and came home for a great cake and ice cream party. It's always fun to get a bunch of mixed friends together, Kim was really glad that my sister came...(she likes you more than me. i guess it's good you live in Layton or i may get jealous
;-)
Well back to work yesterday, I'm hoping the snow keeps coming for just one more week. Then I can go skiing on Thursday and well, then I'm ready for Spring and really summer too. Love you all, have a great week!

No comments: