Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Draper Temple open house-Katherine

I have been wanting to take the kids down to the Draper Temple open house, and finally made it down there today. Of course, it is a beautiful temple. I think Abby and Spencer enjoyed it. I don't think they really understood very much, but I think it is such a unique opportunity to do this. I wish we could of had a little more time to talk to them about each of the rooms as we went through. When we were done I asked them what their favorite part of the temple was. At first they both said the shuttle ride. When I asked what about after the shuttle ride Spencer said, "he liked the baptism room because then you can have the Holy Ghost." Abby said she liked the marriage room (sealing room) because it means our family can be together forever.
Spencer loves to wear this white shirt and red tie to church every week and tells everyone that it is his missionary tie! Oh what a good little missionary he will be someday!
The sun was so bright, that we couldn't get any good pictures in front of the temple. This is Spencer saying, "the sun makes my eyes hurt."

I am thankful for the blessings of the temple so that my family can be together forever! We watched a video before going up to the temple and in it Elder Holland said, "he couldn't imagine Heaven without his wife and children with him." I feel the same way. If I couldn't be with Ryan, and these sweet children it wouldn't be Heaven!

No comments: